....BOO.
Hello, all.
Didja miss me?
It's 930 in the morning on Tuesday aaaand...let's see that means it'll be my birthday in 19 more days. So far, I don't have anything to look forward to. I'm taking a practice GRE-Psych on that day (it's a Saturday) because that's when they're offering to give it for free. So far that's it, so yea nothing to look forward to there. I'm going home, but I go home every weekend, so nothing new there. Actually, I'm sad to say it, but I'm afraid of April this year, which is ridiculous because April means first full month of Spring and warm rain and ... cause of anxiety: school is coming to a close. This thought all but paralyzes me. I'm waiting to hear from this woman about a job as an assistant group therapist. (She keeps saying she'll call and then nothing.) I have so many more projects and papers to finish before the end of school. I have journal entries to write. I have lots of work, and I'm not saying the rest of you don't, but I am saying that it's psyc'n me out. I feel like March should be longer. Which is, again, sad and ridiculous.
THEN there's the subject of what those closest to me are supposed to get me. One of those persons needs to stop asking me what I want, and start thinking about what he wants to do for me. We had a discussion that led to him telling me that he doesn't need anything for his birthday, which is why it's okay for him to tell me 'I don't need anything' when I ask him around that time of year. But for me (because I'm female) it's impossible that I don't need/want anything. Well, the fact is, I don't need/want anything. Being female has little to do with it, and I hate it when I'm lumped together with the likes of she-who-must-not-be-named. However, the difference between the two of us is that I still think of things to get him/do for him because I am that way (and I refuse to tell him even though he always figures it out), and he still insists on getting me something whether I truly want it or not, because he can't 'not get me anything'. He's actually threatening to buy me jewelry if I don't think of an alternative gift idea. Mainly because he knows that the last thing I want is jewelry. But I realized over the weekend how lame that is. I don't want to settle on telling you to get me something that I don't really want/need. I do like surprises anyway, so why would I want to know in advance what I'm getting?? Stop asking me what I want, and start thinking about what you want to give me. Don't do it because it's routine (flowers), do it because it's something you think I'd like. Also, sometimes, doing instead of getting is better. Liiike, going and doing something would be better than going and getting something. Is that easier to understand?
(directed at this particular person): There isn't anything I want more than to spend time with you, and you know that. For that reason, I am NOT telling you what I want for my birthday (mainly because I don't have anything in mind).
And if I get jewelry,
I'M GIVING IT TO CHRISTINE.
I'm sorry you had another bad day at work. I still want to hear all about it.
That goes for the rest of you as well. How is everyone?
I have to go shower now but thank you for letting me get that out of the way.

2 Comments:
Birthdays are so much fun. Could you imagine that now you can gamble and oh...if you really wanted to....to drink till your liver fails?
Maybe I will be creative this year with your birthday. It is the only gift exchange allowed anymore. .....But I didnt say I am getting you anything so don't expect something since you dont want something and its much more fun not to expect something.
Christine? Is that like the car? The one that keeps rebuilding itself and killing people?
Scotto
8:58 AM
Christine has been mentioned before. In the blog about 'that just aint' me' and marriage, etc. She's Adam's fiancee.
2:20 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home