she's ashamed of all her somethings
I feel like something is missing. The thing is, I feel obligated not to complain because if WGS classes have taught me nothing else, they've taught me that guaranteed, someone else has it worse than I do, no matter what happens. And I don't just mean situational differences and crises, I mean racial oppressions and being singled out for who you're in love with. This is the cause for the title. It's adapted from this song I like, and it's related because the song is about a woman just happy to be alive, and the speaker fells ashamed of all the little things she finds during the day to complain about, because the sum of those complaints is much less than the parts of the problem the other woman is facing.
Having said that, I want to expand on missing something. I have urges to go for walks and drive places and blah blah blah. All those typical college things that are caused by an idle thought and one's spontaneous nerve being pinched. Things that would have been easy as anything to accomplish had a certain roommate been around. It's easy being by myself when I have work to do, but when I don't want to do work, it's hard doin stuff by myself. I don't really have much else to say on this topic. Just that, especially today, I felt locked up (aside from not feeling well) and I hated it. It was upsetting.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home