Rantings and ravings. Just think of it as Sunday afternoon with the in-laws, or the eccentric grandmother. Good times had by all. Except me..because I always seem upset in my blog posts..hm.

Monday, January 30, 2006

Pondering the feeling behind names.

I was emailing my darling roommate who's abroad. Like in France, not like, a...broad. She is a broad but that's like saying she's a cow. According to Annmarie Nicholosi and she is never wrong. SO Becky is 'abroad' in France. Not 'a broad' in France. Because then they'd eat her.
That would be most tragic.
ANYWAY
I was emailing roommate and discussing how I went to this inductions ceremony and I was actually talking to someone I didn't know and I couldn't remember her name. I tried looking on the program for the evening but I couldn't remember which name was hers. Danielle or Elaine. Then it occurred to me that no matter how many times I tried to envision her face, and the name 'Elaine', I pictured an older woman. Why is this so? Why is there a blockage in picturing a young face and a name like 'Elaine'? My theory goes back to the thought that some names are popular for certain generations, and certain names such as 'Elaine' were popular in a generation that came before us. If this is true, it would explain why I feel that most 'Elaine's are older women.

:O( It made sense in my head...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Elaine is an old person name. Like you said, it is a pre-generation name. The only Elaine that I knew was my mom's Aunt Elaine.

Scotto

10:31 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home