Rantings and ravings. Just think of it as Sunday afternoon with the in-laws, or the eccentric grandmother. Good times had by all. Except me..because I always seem upset in my blog posts..hm.

Monday, January 23, 2006

i couldn't think of a title.

The last 'don't' from my previous blog, the one about bartenders, is continued with a bit of an explanation in this blog entry.

So Frank, Adam, Christine and I were at Kelly's in Neptune. Like I said, we basically had the same waiter through the whole visit but after they asked for a dessert, he disappeared and he never came back. Then I noticed he was behind the bar and thought they did the same thing to him that they sometimes do to Becky. She'll be workin tables, ready to leave for the night, and then they stick her on bar and she has to stay way later than she planned. And I had been thinking before that, about the responsibility a bartender has to his/her patrons. Those people at the bar are the same crazies you encounter late at night on a bus or walking down the street. Think about the chances of those people being in fact, crazy. And what does a bartender have to do? Stand there, clean glasses, serve people, and listen to all the crazy things that come out of these people's mouths. It isn't as if you can escape, (being stuck behind that bar) and if you tell them off, you can't depend on their tips because they aren't leaving you anything. You need a lively personality like Becky who will listen to everything and agree at the right points in their rambling. If you don't, you're not going home with much in your pocket. For this reason, I sympathize with bartenders, who have it tougher than psychologists I think. They are paid less, and probably see more patients a day than the average Dr. Jim Bob.
Cheers.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nate said...

this is a comment.
*queue super-sweet clever saying*

end.

2:43 PM

 
Blogger ::puppyface::. said...

That is the penultimate lame comment to the comments I received that were really blogspam. But props for the programming jargon.

3:45 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home