that just ain't me...
That line from a Pink song came to mind while I was talking to Dearie--someone I haven't mentioned in a while. She's dating a real sweetheart and she was describing him to me. She was talking about her personal life and what she tells her mother. She made me laugh and that's why I'm sharing this with you (both of you) right now.
allmixtup48: i think it's kinda funny your mom thinks you're 'fickle'.
allmixtup48: maybe bc it's a funny word...
TheMeganG: yeah she does
TheMeganG: its both
TheMeganG: well in the 4 years since ive been divorced, ive never dated anyone for any period of time
TheMeganG: when she asks why
TheMeganG: i give excuses like i didnt like his shoes
allmixtup48: lol
TheMeganG: which is usually true
hahaha. She really does crack me up. I hope if she actually does read my blog that she doesn't mind I'm talking about her. That's 'not like me at all' quality number one. Bc if for whatever reason, I don't like a boy's shoes, I would tell him...I don't like your shoes. HOWEVER. I am not in the dating scene anymore, and Dearie knows what she wants. She needs a man who is THE man. Even if he wears pink sweaters. Which, her new boy does. So her hating a man's shoes, and holding it against him as a reason to never go on that second date is totally something she'd do. It's completely understandable. She wants someone who does not fall under any of her pet peeve categories. This new guy tho, would probably not be someone I'd look at first.
Reasons:
1-he's 'fratty'
2-he wears pink sweaters (sorry pamp)
3-talking about him with her makes me want to make girly squealing noises and that's just not right.
4-he wears bowties sometimes to work.
Don't get me wrong. He apparently treats her right and is a really cute guy but those things would make me look past him at the guy covered in grease and bruises. The one offering to buy me a drink after a hard days work. It's the way I've become. That's all.

4 Comments:
I dont have pink sweaters, Tiny. I happen to have three diff pink dress shirts but thats like 10% of my dress shirt wardrobe. They make me easy to spot at work... ;)
3:13 PM
I know you don't have pink sweaters. In your case, I was in fact referring to your shirts. And I would imagine you draw enough attention as it is, nevermind your pink shirts.
5:42 PM
I wore a pink shirt and pink tie (both diff) the last 2 days at work... got a lot of comments. I'm tempted to rock the 3rd set tomorrow, but I dont think im feelin the trifecta.
9:51 PM
You are ridiculous.
5:05 AM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home