Rantings and ravings. Just think of it as Sunday afternoon with the in-laws, or the eccentric grandmother. Good times had by all. Except me..because I always seem upset in my blog posts..hm.

Tuesday, January 04, 2011

what does it mean to be slavic?

Bear with me because this might be one of those blog posts where your words can be mis-read. So, when someone comes up with delusions, they could be manifesting from anything. Who knows what this person endured to have such illogical tangential mostly incomprehensible utterances come from her mouth. I can only imagine. Anyway, she thinks i'm Slavic. And someone hit her head. It's sad. She's getting new teeth (dentures) and she's worried about swallowing her new teeth. She was holding her fingers apart to measure her jaw to compare it to her neck to see if her teeth would be small enough to be swallowed. I reminded her that her throat was not actually as wide as her neck and that it wouldn't happen.
Day 1 of my gym plans was successful. The only thing left is a) getting home without falling asleep and b) remembering to remove the wet towel and gym clothes from my car. The natural high lasted quite a while until I started getting serious hunger pangs. And a coughing fit. And i'm still really congested but. What else can I do.
I really hope they don't need me tomorrow. I need to wrap the bf's bday present, get dinner ideas for what i want to cook on Thursday, and STRAIGHTEN THAT HOUSE it's a mess. I also need some space. From this house. I lost my momentum with what I was going to discuss. I'm not sure where Donette is today. Lorris probably killed her. Lorris is not afraid of stink bugs' stink.
Jon at work got me a can of arizona, the 1/2 and 1/2 arnold palmer style. For "fixing" his computer. Or "helping" him with it. I'm not sure what word he used but what happened was, he thought on Friday he logged off and what he did was shut down so he kept hitting enter and clicking the mouse and the screen wouldn't turn on. So i looked at the little button that's supposed to have the power symbol lit up green and sure enough it was black. So he got me a can of arizona. I hope one day to take embarrassing situations in stride the way Jon does. The other theme here is the isolating of fathering tendencies (or receiving interactions as fatherly on my part) that occurs at work. It happens at the group home and at ph. Pts and staff alike. Jon is one such example. On the other hand we have the damning with no praise approach of Vince. Former cop or something like that. His gentle approach is a lot like an owner shoving a dog's face in the pile of feces he left on the carpet. Yup, that pretty much sums it up. It has a lot to do with how one views the situation, or any situation for that matter. Jon looks at the hilarity in a situation. I haven't seen him genuinely insulted yet and I'm not sure I ever will. Vince on the other hand takes everything as a slight. Against him, naturally. Perhaps it's a guilty conscience. Jon is a do-gooder. The one thing a fellow staff member might hold against him is making them look bad or forgotten in the shadow of his do-good-ing-ness. I like Jon, can you tell? Funny, the John at the other job is the father figure. He's short and Italian and balding and verbally compassionate. He has daughters. He wears boat shoes just as long as there isn't snow on the ground. It's the little nostalgic aspects of these people that I appreciate. And I find myself appreciating the CRAP out of these details. Looking for them. Soaking them in like rain on the desert plains of my familial encounters.
These are some of the things I want. For myself and for the bf too. I want him involved. I want dinner at ob at least every other Wednesday. Dinner/lunch at Grammy's every other Sunday. Regular evening dinners with the bf. We do love our food like lil piggies. I worry for our quality of life. We aren't impoverished but...since the lower rungs of the infamous hierarchy of needs are being filled in various ways why not shoot for self-actualization? If I was impoverished, and the basic needs on the lower rungs were not being met, I'd look at those celebrities/rich/famous people and think to myself, "they better be livin it up enough for the both of us, boy. what reason do they have not to??". So, in the spirit of that philosophy, i do want the best for myself. The best that I can manage, that is. I don't mean the best cuts of steak, or the finest China flatware, i mean the healthiest lifestyle I can manage within my means.
So there...food for thought. Hope you were hungry...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I want him involved. I want dinner at ob at least every other Wednesday. Dinner/lunch at Grammy's every other Sunday. Regular evening dinners with the bf."

Seems like a reasonable request.

7:39 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home