These shorts are NOT flattering..but I'm the only one looking.
Hello, hello, hello. That's a hello for each one of my readers. I spent the weekend on the boat with the family and Dylan of course. My sister got sick. This dude told my mom off because he thought she wasn't going to clean up after the dog (it's a long walk from K dock to the small island of Grassy Knoll for the Purpose of Doggy Poo) and my sister was only going back to our boat to get a small pail for water to wash off the dock. Shove it, baldy. Honestly, the nerve of some people. So yea, I'm working with 6 autistic guys, and some insane staff. Namely my boss. That's the beauty of a literary outlet like blogspot; talking about my co-workers in just the manner I please because I sure as heck can't talk about them like this in my journal entries. Let's start at the top shall we? Rob S.: crazy boss. He's coordinator of a few of the houses and I think two of the apartments. His age is my age inverted, plus 11 and he acts like my age inverted. He has both nipples pierced. I only know this because there is a pool and he swims in it. He has all sorts of nicknames for everything and everyone. The ones I remember are: honkey, Dimples, Miss Tango. There are lots more I just haven't been there since Thursday (it's Sunday). Sometimes, I know more about the music on 97.5 (the hawk) than he does, and he lived through most of it. He smokes and chews tobacco and his shorts are always falling down because "his butt is too small" (translation: his belt isn't tight enough). I like him though. He tries to find something in everyone to like. And for a boss, well, put it this way. Have you ever been mooned by your boss? Intentionally? Serena is the house manager. She also smokes (but doesn't chew). She likes to drive the van fast. Her driving scares me. Plain and simple. She's great with the guys though and they giggle when she says their names funny. She's vegetarian except for..chicken? Yea I think that's it. She eats chicken. She wouldn't eat chicken except she went without meat totally and started losing her hair. I guess the protein and iron supplements were too much for her. I'd personally just stick to eating meat. She also doesn't enjoy tomato sauce and mayonaise as far as I can remember. Rob S. made fun of her for liking Mike's Hard Lemonade. I told him not to judge. "Don't judge" is one of 'his' phrases that I can easily use against him. She practically lives in the house since the old house manager was in a nasty car accident. Next is the other full-timer, Kendra. Kendra, like Serena, has a tongue piercing. Like Serena, she has a tattoo on her lower back. Unlike Rob S. and Serena, she doesn't smoke. Which is good for everyone because smoking is a nasty, unhealthy habit that many staff at Eden seem to participate in. She is taking the GREs in August and I was really feeling good that I could help her with some of the math flash cards. I think on vocab, we are both helpless. Kendra is anal about eating salad and cutting up fruit for snack. I like it because a) salad is healthy and b) snack reduces the amount of sloppy eating at the dinner table because the guys aren't famished. HOWEVER. She looooooves peppers and I happen to loath peppers and so peppers end up in the salad when Kendra makes it. She has a pair of those absurdly large sunglasses and the rims are white so they really are noticeable; just in case you didn't notice half of her face was missing. She likes country music, and she drives the van at half the speed of Serena. Two more. Rob P. is a dear with the guys. He seems very fatherly as he thinks Scottie V. has some adorable tendencies and can say so, but is firm when he needs to be. He likes a lot of the same music I do, and insisted on listening to the incubus albums I had on my mp3 player. I was flattered. Rob P. is the same number of years older than me that my sister is younger than me. He drives sort of normal actually, considering he's a staff member at Eden and he's male. jk, jk. He has a ponytail and he gives healthy encouragement when I do things right at the house. He's also aparently the King of teaching programs. Which is why I watch what he does very closely. Last is Dan. Dan is the other intern at the house and he's a cool dude. Since he has access to my blog via facebook, I will refrain from saying anything he might take offense to. Luckily, I didn't have anything offensive to say about him. We practiced the take-down procedures on each other and that's the way to bond with someone if anyone was wondering. You can do anything if you can work with someone on changing a 25-year-old autistic guy's diaper. I feel I'm being changed by this job, even if it's slight and not 180 degrees. I think a lot of it has to do with the guys, but much of it also has to do with the wonderful staff members I previously mentioned. I love you all and hope your summer is kicking some serious dupa. I'm working like a fiend mon, tues and wed, and thursday is SPAMALOT WOHO but Friday is totally open (during the day only tho so I guess that isn't totally open) so if anyone wants to beach it up or something random let me know. :O)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home