God works in strange ways.
Yes I did just make a religious reference but I mean you could substitute anything that you happen to believe in as a higher power than your own for "God" so there it is.
I hung out with Scott all day and he was extremely helpful in directing my presentation that I have on Friday. Well, maybe not directing me but giving me ideas as to what the audience needs to get out of it. Which is like I said, extremely helpful. I'm sort of worried about it but more anxious/excited about it.
So back to my day. I left to go to class at a little after 5pm. I get there and I swear, someone is eating the students in my women in the workplace class because we are dwindling in numbers as the weeks go by. Some of the students had to go to a WILL inductions ceremony so we postponed the discussion (thrilling topic of feminists and sex work) to next week. This meant, class was canceled, we got to leave everyone is happy. On my way back to the apt, I'm stopping for a light and I see this small little thing running around in the road. At first I thought it was a squirrel but as I got closer I realized it was a little Terrier runnin around in between cars and such. Immediate response? Anyone want to take a gander? I'm sure my sister, Becky, Megan and Kristin would all have the same response as I did: "::worried:: Awwww!". Yea that's what I thought. Anyway, I saw no one was behind me, and he ran toward my car, so I put it in Park, jumped out, threw some encouraging baby-talk at him, and scooped him up. I kept up with the encouraging baby-talk so he wouldn't pee or do anything naughty in my car, and I pulled into the nearest driveway. I was encouraged by the fact that there was a sign in the window that said "Beware of Dog". Anyway, I knocked and this girl I recognized from around campus answered. I told her how I found the dog and she called the cops for animal control. In the meantime, there was a little boy trying to get a good look at the dog, and she said she was babysitting and was talking him back into the house. What was amazing about the little boy was that he had no legs from the thighs down, but he insisted on making his way on the floor over to the door so he could pet the dog I held in my arms. The whole ordeal lasted less than 15 minutes but it was crazy. The neighbors from a couple houses down were walking toward the driveway where I stood and it turned out that it was their dog. All was well. And the dog didn't get hurt.
The End.

2 Comments:
Religious reference....
Nicole the Savior.
Nice work Bubbles.
Scotto
6:08 PM
oh my gawd how come u never tell me me anything anymore...
5:30 AM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home