Rantings and ravings. Just think of it as Sunday afternoon with the in-laws, or the eccentric grandmother. Good times had by all. Except me..because I always seem upset in my blog posts..hm.

Saturday, November 12, 2005

esplanation..

Alright so maybe that last post didn't make much sense. Neither did the conversation with the guy i tutored at the soup kitchen. Make sense now?
Has anyone read Death of a Salesman? I'm torn between writing about glam rock a nd how Willy Lomans alienation in society can be seen in the men who surround me. My grandfather decidedto tell me and my sister about the history of his career. I saw a lot of Willy in him and i felt sympathy. Same thing with my dad and probably even a few of my professors. Not the younger guys; at least not yet. Maybe there are ways to relieve the pressures that cause the possibilty of becoming a Willy.
For those of you who have never read Death of a Salesman, it's short. I suggest you read it.

P.S. BABE! WELCOME TO THE PROGRAM!! ;o)

1 Comments:

Blogger Nate said...

I think that's the advantage of being young - you can see the older Willy Lomans and recognize the pitfalls of that lifestyle and adapt your plan for life accordingly to avoid such a tragedy. Besides, being still young we have plenty of hope to accomplish meaningful things in life, all is not lost yet. The key in all this is to hold onto that hope always, or else we'll all be Willy Lomans someday...
~Nate

9:12 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home